December 19th, 2016
A tree surgeon is a professional with certified expertise in the cultivation, management and study of trees, plants and shrubs. Their scope of work is confined to individual trees rather than forest management or lumber harvesting, so a large part of their job is to assess tree health and treat them for disease.
Some of the most common problems arborists encounter in suburban and semi-rural settings can lead to tree mortality:
- Damage to roots or soils from nearby construction activities
- Damage to the tree canopy from air pollution
- Physical damage from lawnmowers, vehicles or vandals
- Damage from disease and insects
- Improper planting techniques
- Damage due to high winds, ice and other elemental factors
- Poor, compacted soils with poor drainage
- Removal or damage during maintenance of nearby utilities or sidewalks
- Competition from invasive plant species
Our tree surgeons are certified by the International Society of Arboriculture (ISA) which means they are fully qualified to assess and treat trees in the North Jersey area (including Franklin Lakes, Oakland, Ridgewood, Paramus and Paterson) and subscribe to the ISA Code of Ethics. We are also accredited by the NOFA organic land care program to deliver organic and pesticide-free solutions. The state of the art services we provide include plant health and disease inspections, scheduled maintenance and monitoring, tree preservation, and tree risk management.
Call North Jersey Tree Experts for all your tree services and arboriculture needs. We can answer your questions, schedule a site visit and quote on the best plan of action for the trees and shrubs on your property.